The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) has selected five regional finalists who are eligible for the 2016 ACTE Career Guidance Award, sponsored by Kuder, Inc.
The award recognizes career guidance professionals who are making significant contributions to career and technical education programs in their communities and/or states.
- Region I: Louise Hacker Hayes, student services coordinator/guidance and career counselor at Warren County Career Center in Lebanon, Ohio.
- Region II: Sheryl Neely, professional school counselor at Frederick Douglass High School in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Region III: Robert Arthur-Fleming Lowe, director of Perkins and dual enrollment at Normandale Community College in Bloomington, Minnesota.
- Region IV: Jennifer Koon, career and technical education counselor at Alcorn Career and Technology Center in Corinth, Mississippi.
- Region V: Sue Rodriguez, counselor at Washoe County School District in Reno, Nevada.
Kuder extends its congratulations to the regional finalists. The national winner will be announced at the ACTE Awards Banquet on November 19, 2015, during ACTE's CareerTech VISION 2015 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Click here for more information about the ACTE Awards.
- career and technical education