DIANDRA J. PRESCOD
Ph.D., LPC, NCC, ACS
Dr. Diandra J. Prescod is an associate professor of counselor education and program coordinator of school counseling at the University of Connecticut. Her areas of research focus on career development interventions for STEM undergraduate students and the journeys of women and students of color in higher education. Dr. Prescod teaches courses on counselor education research, facilitating career development, college and university career center management, foundations of career development, counseling information, and counseling theory and method.
- Fellow of the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Emerging Leaders.
- Secretary of the Association for Career and Technical Education® Engineering and Technology Education (eTED) Division.
- Charter member of the Pennsylvania Career Development Association Organizing Committee.
- Secretary of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education Holmes Scholars Program.
- Authored a chapter in the book Career Counseling Interventions: Practice with Diverse Clients.
- Co-authored 16 articles in refereed publications.
- Delivered 40 refereed presentations at counseling and education conferences in the U.S. and internationally.
- North Atlantic Region Association for Counselor Education and Supervision New Professional of the year Award (2018)
- Association for Adult Development and Aging Outstanding Journal Article Award (2014)