Research Faculty, Assessment
Dr. Hoi K. Suen is a distinguished professor emeritus of educational psychology at The Pennsylvania State University. His areas of specialization include psychometrics, educational assessment, and evaluation. He has delivered over 100 professional conference presentations on issues related to instrument development, behavioral assessment, performance assessment, educational and psychological testing, early childhood assessment, and evaluation. Dr. Suen’s research interests include early childhood assessment, career interest assessments, consequences of high-stakes testing, validity theories and methods, program evaluation, and psychometric methods for high-stakes testing.
- Psychometric/assessment and analysis consultant to over 50 public and private organizations in five countries.
- Author of two books and approximately 170 book chapters, journal articles, and technical reports.
- Frequent guest editor, consulting editor, editorial board member or reviewer for numerous research journals and professional conferences.
- Fulbright Commission and U.S. Department of State Fulbright Senior Specialist Award
- The Pennsylvania State University College of Education Career Achievement Award
- Northern Illinois University College of Education Outstanding Young Alumnus Award