Research Faculty, Career Center Implementation and Evaluation
Dr. Jack Rayman is senior director emeritus of career services and affiliate professor of counseling psychology and education at The Pennsylvania State University. Prior to joining Penn State, he served as a career development officer and affiliate associate professor of counseling psychology at Iowa State University and assistant professor for research at Western Maryland College. His doctoral dissertation, “Sex and the Single Interest Inventory” was a groundbreaking effort to eliminate gender bias in interest measurement. It was the prototype for the unisex edition of the ACT Interest Inventory. He was later a major architect of the ACT, Inc. product DISCOVER®.
- Author of three seminal books for career services professionals.
- Author of more than 40 journal articles and book chapters.
- Served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Sarawak, Malaysia.
- American Psychological Association – Division of Counseling Psychology Fellow.
- National Association for Colleges and Employers Fellow.