Ed.D., LPC, NCC
Dr. Spencer Niles serves as professor of counselor education for William & Mary. Prior to this, he was a distinguished professor and the department head for educational psychology, counseling, and special education at Penn State. He also served as director of Penn State’s Center for the Study of Career Development and Public Policy. Previously, he served for 13 years on the faculty at the University of Virginia, during which time he was appointed professor and assistant dean for the Curry School of Education.
- Current and past president of the National Career Development Association (NCDA).
- Serves on the editorial boards of six national and international journals.
- Past editor of the Journal of Counseling & Development and The Career Development Quarterly.
- Authored or co-authored over 120 publications and delivered over 140 presentations.
- Fellow of the National Career Development Association and the American Counseling Association.
- Serves on the International Centre for Career Development and Public Policy Executive Board.
- Honorary member of the Japanese Career Development Association and Italian Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance.
- National Career Development Association Eminent Career Award
- American Counseling Association David Brooks Distinguished Mentor Award
- American Counseling Association Visionary Leadership and Advocacy Award
- American Counseling Association President’s Award
- American Counseling Association Extended Research Award
- University of British Columbia Noted Scholar Award