According to the National Student Clearinghouse, just over half (55 percent) of U.S. postsecondary students who started college in the fall of 2010 graduated within six years — that’s up about two percent from those who enrolled a year earlier. More than 1.3 million students who, after enrolling in 2010, have not yet graduated, and only 40 percent of Americans today have postsecondary degrees and credentials. Kuder is working with stakeholders in education and workforce development throughout the United States to help close these gaps.
Kuder Navigator®, the evidence-based education and career planning system of choice fpr secondary schools throughout the world, has been proven to positively impact student outcomes — including high school graduation, and postsecondary attainment and completion rates. An online survey* administered to more than 150 past and present Navigator users yielded the following results.
Former Navigator Users
- 100 percent graduated from high school and went on to either a two- or four-year postsecondary college or university; 93 percent enrolled in either a two- or four-year postsecondary college or university the first fall after high school graduation.
- 63 percent said the Kuder Career Interest Assessment® (KCIA) helped them to select the right major, meaning they never changed majors and graduated/will graduate on time.
Current Navigator Users
- 100 percent report they’re on track to graduate this May; 98 percent plan to attend a either a two- or four-year college or university in the fall of 2017.
- 62 percent credit the KCIA in helping select a future postsecondary major and, as a result, they’re confident about graduating from college on time.
- 72 percent selected assessments — the KCIA, the Kuder Skills Confidence Assessment® (KSCA), and Super’s Work Values Inventory-revised (SWVI-r) — the first or second most-valuable feature of Navigator.
- 90 percent said the KCIA was either “Accurate” or “Extremely Accurate” in identifying occupations related to their unique interests.
- 71 percent said they would recommend Navigator to friends, family, and other students.
Praise for Navigator
“Because of Navigator, I left high school knowing how to act professionally… and with the knowledge of what I had to look forward to once I completed my [college] degree.”
“[Navigator] helped guide my focus and choose the right path.”
"Navigator can uncover possible pathways that maybe you’ve never thought of before!”
“Navigator helped me narrow down my field of interest and select an area of study that I still feel passionate about today.”
Want to learn more?
Click here or visit our video library to see firsthand how Navigator is changing the lives of youth around the world.
* Respondents included current high school seniors and students who have graduated within the past five years.
Fall 2010 Cohort Outcomes: Decline in College Completion Rates Reverse and Lead to Upward Trajectory for Great Recession Cohorts. (2016, December 6). Retrieved from https://nscnews.org/fall-2010-cohort-outcomes/
After Falling, College Graduation Rates Begin to Rebound. (2016, December 5). Retrieved from http://hechingerreport.org/falling-college-graduation-rates-begin-rebound/
- career assessments
- kuder assessments