An initiative led by our friends at the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE), CTE Month is a time to spread awareness about the impact of CTE professionals, alumni, and programs on the success of today's students. Here's proof that CTE works:
- High-risk students are 8 to 10 times less likely to drop out if they are enrolled in a CTE program. (Click here for source).
- The average high school graduation rate is 75%, but for CTE students, its 90% (Click here for source).
- 80% of CTE students who graduate high school retain to college after two years (Click here for source).
- Postsecondary CTE graduates see a 9.2% increase in short-term employability and 6.7% increase in long-term employability (Click here for source).
Learn more about how CTE makes a difference by watching the video below by the National Association of State Directors of Career and Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc):
For all-things related to CTE, connect with @kuder, @actecareetech, and @CTEWorks using #CTEMonth on Twitter and stay tuned to our blog throughout the month of February.
- career and technical education