Ed.D. – Emeritus
Dr. JoAnn Harris-Bowlsbey has worked extensively with state departments of education and labor in the conceptualization and implementation of education and career planning websites that serve as a virtual center for students and adults. In her long and distinguished career in the field of career development and education, she has held the positions of high school counselor, director of guidance, university professor, career counselor, developer of the ACT product DISCOVER and executive director of the ACT Educational Technology Center, and consultant to the National Institute of Corrections.
- Authored numerous journal articles, books, and career planning curricula, including Take Hold of Your Future and Direct Your Future.
- Co-author of Career Interventions in the 21st Century.
- Served on the board of trustees of the American Counseling Association Governing Council.
- Past president of the National Career Development Association.
- National Career Development Association Eminent Career Award
- National Occupational Information Coordinating Committee Recognition Award for Special Achievement in the Development and Delivery of Career Information
- Association of Computer-Based Systems for Career Information Distinguished Service Award